Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WHS Teacher Summer Reading Challenge

Summer reading is not only important for our students, but also our teachers. I've had some confess to me that they do not read so I wanted to give them a little push before the summer begins. It is so important for our teachers to have a rich reading life so that they can help our students create one.

I put together this Smore of Reading resources and shared the WHS Summer Reading Challenge with them. For the first ten teachers to commit to the challenge, I am putting together a prize pack inspired by others that I've seen on Twitter and Pinterest. The plan is either a reusable beach/summer inspired print bag or a plastic margarita style glass full of summer items like travel sunscreen, drink mix, Freeze pop popsicles, snacks, fliers for local summer reading events, public library calendar, our district summer lunch program, bookmarks, and pencils. I'll share the final product on Twitter when it is complete.
I shared this Smore on Monday and I have 9 already committed to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment