Thankfully the related arts teachers were willing so we planned 8 different stations for the day.
1. Kahoot games with me. The students had a blast answering questions about animals and cartoon characters using public Kahoot games I found online. They loved the competitive portion and screamed after every question. Yes, every question. Several teachers had not seen Kahoot before and asked if I would show them how to use it in their class. Score!
2. HMH Readers app with the reading coach. The student enjoyed reading and being read to using this app. Other popular reading apps in my district are Raz Kids and Epic.
3. My Heart Rate, Virtual Heart and NFL Play 60 with the PE teacher.
4. Tune Train and singing with the music teacher.
5. Colar with the art teacher. Often mentioned as one of their favorites that day (after Kahoot of course).
6. Lightbot coding in the computer lab.
7. Chatterpix for sharing their favorite book in the library.
8. Common Sense lesson about online safety with their classroom teacher.
All of the kids had a blast and several teachers learned about tools and apps they had never seen so I was very happy!
What are your favorite apps for our youngest grades?