Thursday, July 7, 2011

Getting a Grip on Series

It seems that there are more series than stand along books these days and it is difficult to keep up with all of them. I have discovered a new tool to help me keep them under control.

The site is FictFact.

I created a free account and have started "Following" the series that we have in the library. I am looking forward to being notified when a new book is released in these series and I plan to use this site to label all of my series books. There is a social networking aspect of the site that lets you connect with friends and see what they are reading, but I do not know that I will use that part of the site. The strength in the site for me is helping me keep my series orders current and labeling them in the correct order.

Thanks to Fran Bullington's post for inspiring me to label my series books. I hoped to begin the project before school ended, but I focused my time and energy on changing the nonfiction. If all goes well, I can start on this project during staff development time when students will be around to earn community service hours and help me tackle the job.

Maybe one day soon I can post an update that I am finished labeling them:) Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool site! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely be using this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Tamara! I've signed up for an account and need to start adding our series to it. I love that FictFact will send me emails alerting me to new releases in our series - maybe I can stay ahead of the game for once.

    ReplyDelete